Tuesday 18 April 2006

Detracting from running - 4 days to go


week's balance scheduled: 74K (46m) / done: 26K (16m)

My story of running is still a story of being injured. Why should I be better off than Paula R.?

Paula consulted Mr Müller-Wohlfahrt, the famous sports doctor from Munich who is visited by the best athletes from all over the world. But even he couldn't help her. The only outcome was: Paula has to rest. I fear that is what I should do. I will do - from next monday on.

I tried to get rid off the daily input of tablets, but it didn't work. Now I consulted Mr Müller-Wohlfahrt's just published new German book "Einfach Marathon" where he explains how to cure ankle problems. His favourite first help is what he calls "hot ice". Soak a sponge in ice cold water (which means temperature is just above 0° celsius) and place it on the ankle. Tie a soaked bandage around it and cool the ankle for at least 20 minutes while watering the bandage to keep it wet. Repeat the process several times during the day.

That's what I am doing right now. Might be a bit late after 2 months of pain and 4 days before running the marathon. But it's never too late to do the right thing.

So there was no running during the Easter weekend. We did a trip to the Netherlands - I got my running gear with me but didn't use it. At least we walked a lot along the streets and "Grachts" of Amsterdam and the world's tulip center at Lisse, the "Keukenhof".

Happy running
Uli


Catching the sun on Amsterdam's canals


17th century Merchant houses: still fairly upright


Not the Cutty Sark, it is called "Amsterdam" and part of the Marine Museum


The world of tulips at the Keukenhof


No comments:

Post a Comment