Wednesday 4 July 2007

Count Down to Half Marathon

training stats
We 04/07: hilly run, 19K, 1:45 hrs
Tu 03/07: easy jog, 10K, 1:08 hrs and gym, 2 hrs
Mo 02/07: rest


The race's title is misleading. It is called "Glacier Marathon" but we don't run on ice. It is an easy route on tarmacced lanes down in the valley of the Pitztal.

Don't worry I will not go for the full distance of the marathon. There is also a half marathon going on. It was coincidence that I found this event. On Sunday I will meet my hill walking group high up in the Pitztal where I have booked a week of moderate high level walking. Surfing the internet for information about the area I discovered that there is a road race on the same Sunday. No question, I have to be part of it. Imagine my amazement when I looked up the entrants list and found that 4 of my fellow walkers will run, too.

It is not a very big event. About 150 runners have entered the half marathon so far. There are even cash prizes offered for the age groups. The winner of my age group will receive 70 Euros!

I'll do my very best! But I reckon I will not get my money back I paid for my number. I look forward to getting the medal every finisher will get.

No comments:

Post a Comment