Monday 12 May 2008

A biker's week

training stats
Su 11/05:
long bike, 160K, 6:47 hrs
Sa 10/05: hilly bike, 85K, 3:24 hrs
Fr 09/05: test jog/walk, 5.5K, 6x5mins
Th 08/05: bike, 95K, 4:10 hrs
We 07/05: gym 2 hrs


If you like to follow this blog through oncoming years you will notice a change from a sports blog to one of a chap who is going to get old. You won't have to wait long!

It is not only that I run slower every year. Pain increases every year I don't stop running. No longer I can hear properly with my right ear. I have been forced to use reading glasses since 4 years. In recent two years I had to undergo surgeries at my left shoulder and my right arm with effects I can still feel. But the worst was still to come: After weeks of reluctance I went to the oculist and had to face that now I will have to wear glasses all the time.

I bag your pardon - I know there are many very successful people who have been wearing glasses since their childhood. Probably they see glasses just as part of their daily equipment. For me who is not used to it, it firstly is another handycap added to the list.

However, as long as I am able to finish a day's bikeride of 160K I should not complain. Did I tell you that I have entered an Alpine bike race? (I know I didn't) 3LaenderGiro will take place on June 22 and of course I opted for the longer one of the two offered routes.

No comments:

Post a Comment