Sunday 7 December 2008

Dreaming of come back

stats of the week: run 42K, 1hr indoor cycling, 3 gym sessions


logo by rc-herdecke

How much the world can change within one week! I'm speaking of the world of running. Another race, a new luck: Santa Claus Run in Herdecke has 9.6 K (exactly 6 miles) and although it is longer than last Sunday's race I was able to run faster! Don't ask me why - I don't know.

start photo by blogger Marcus

I enjoyed the race right from the start all the way to the finish. One key might have been that I avoided to get off too fast. First K was 4:12 min, slowest was 6th K with 4:20 and my finish was one of the best ever. Albeit I resorted to swearing heavily when crossing the line after 40:44.4 min as I was overtaken by a fellow age grouper by 0.4 seconds.

Now I'm dreaming of a come back next year. Still speaking of the world of running.

No comments:

Post a Comment