Monday 23 February 2009

Canarian performance

stats of week 10: run 52K, cycled 1hr indoor and 73K, 2 gyms

Hi Folks,

greetings from the Canarian island of Lanzarote where hundreds of triathletes meet to get fit for the upcoming season. I am here for a week with friend F to do some biking. We did a 73K and 93K tour yesterday and today and I have to admit I am somewhat proud not to be overtaken by any of these fashionable very fit looking people.

We even managed to run short distances after biking - until my muscels were close to cramp. Unfortunately the hotel has the best buffet I have ever enjoyed so we are not in danger to lose weight. The all inclusive tariff lets us also have some very good vine and cocktails... The eating and drinking performance is developing much better than the biking performance ...


Due to our after bike runs the week's mileage ended up even higher than planned. I hope my good old knees won't complain later.

No comments:

Post a Comment