Sunday 26 July 2009

Active recover week

stats of the week: run 37km, cycled 260km, 1 gym

On Friday I felt totally exhausted and had to slow down my flat running workout of 12km to a clocked time of 1hr17. Sunday already was much better and I now look forward to the next highlight: Helsinki Marathon on Aug 15. It's going to be a touristic run so I hope to be fine with 2 longish runs of around 25km to get fit for the day.

May I point out to you a Guardian portrait of Lizzy Hawker which is well worth reading. Lizzy is a pure amateur but to be regarded as one of the world's best athletes. She is certainly very well known within the hill running society but outside this small world she is being overlooked what is a pity. She is a real champion. A champion not only of sports but of life.

Guardian Portrait Lizzy Hawker: Queen of the mountains

(photo: Swiss Alpine)

PS. German speaking readers might enjoy my l'étape du tour race report.

No comments:

Post a Comment