Monday 14 July 2014

Cross training further South

stats of the week: run 25km, cycled 208km

We escaped from the bad weather in the Dolomites and made our way to warmer areas North of Lake Garda. Altitude is here at 70m above sea level compared to 1500m at Corvara. That guarantees some more degrees and allows cycling while wearing shorts.

Even more Lake Garda offers some entertainment on perfectly designed Via Ferrata.



I believe it's a key point to do different kinds of sport to stay fit and free of injuries.
In between I did a bit of hill running to prove my performance before running the Swiss Alpine Marathon. I decided to stick to 42K instead for 78K due to my lack of long distances. Another advantage is that the K42 start is at 11.30am while you have to get up at night for the K78. Easy decision for a late bird like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment