Tuesday 26 May 2015

From sweep-up to finish

stats of the week: run 21km, cycled 363km

My first Nove Colli Race was a very special experience. Due to heavy rain we waited too long to get to the start. When we finally found the area everybody was gone and no start line present. We set off while it was raining cats and dogs. Dozens of cyclists turned and drove back to their hotels. It took me 48km to overtake the sweep-up bus and another 20km to catch the very last 20 bikers. First time when ascending the 3rd colle after 80km I felt within a race although the food stations were already finished. However, I enjoyed my day on the empty roads and managed to reach the finish within cut-off time after 132km and 6:21h while my somehow produced official time is 7:13h.


Photo: With the ambulance at my back wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment