Wednesday, 6 September 2017

Dream came true

stats of the week: run 25 km, gym 3 h
stats of the week before: cycled 377 km, hiked 10 h
stats of the previous week: run 12 km, cycled 111 km, hiked 8 h

I feel peace and happiness now after I was able to finish the Oetztaler Radmarathon. However, it was a constant fight with the sweep-up car.

At the top of the 3rd pass, Jaufen, I was on course but 5 minutes slower than 2 years ago. Approaching the feeding station I was told to rush on or quit the race. One quarter up the final pass, Timmelsjoch, I was overtaken by the fine gara car and caught by the public traffic. It was horrifying. But the anger let me find new power. I overtook all of them and carried on. I still didn't think of finishing the race but hoped to get further than last time.

Only after 190 km for the first time I got the impression that a finish might be possible,  even with some walking in between. I took my time and left the fine gara 40 minutes behind me! The dream came true. After 12 hours 50 minutes 27 seconds.

First pass is the steepest. K├╝htai.

Final stage of Timmelsjoch.



top of Timmelsjoch

I have a dream
the finish


No comments:

Post a Comment