Thursday 28 December 2017

More races, more medals

stats of the week: run 39 km, hiked 17 km

I can't remember that I ever did more races within such a short time. We completed our fifth race within 16 days in South Africa. And five more to come.

I tried not to run every event with full power but have to admit that doesn't work. You always find rivals to compete with. I lost twice. At the Sundowner 10K in Cape Town I raced a dramatic finish with an age group fellow who was faster than me at the very end. At the next parkrun I succeeded to be faster but lost to another age group rival. All good things are three, we say in Germany. At the Tokai 16K I was able to run off my rival after he overtook me after 12 km but I stroke back strongly.

More medals got at the Sundowner.

Another parkrun at Franschhoek.

Long hike around Jonkershoek Nature Reserve.

Country clothed at Tokai Manor House Run.

Framed on Signal Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment