Wednesday 17 July 2019

Sobered days in Italy

stats of the week: run 10 km, cycled 347 km (am 5,430m)
stats of the previous week: run 23 km, cycled 84 km, gym 1 h

My first impression that my performance got improved by the repaired heart seems to have been an illusion. May be it's too early to decide. But at the moment I feel kind of injured more than repaired. May be it's too early to go through a holiday training camp in the Italian hills of the Piemont and around Lake Garda.

Training consists more of cycling than running now but this has to be changed soon. Only 7 weeks to my home town half marathon in Bochum and 11 weeks to the Berlin Marathon where I was happy to get a start via the lottery. What means I have to take my chance.

The medical check was okay but I don't really trust it. I made it up to 250 Watt where I was told to stop. I could have done more. But the check is no guarantee at all that you are fit to do a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment