Tuesday 27 April 2010

Brave Race - Happy Face

stats of the week: run 67km, 1 gym
London Marathon result: 3:40:55

It was sort of a venturous experiment to combine my first ultra race with the compulsory London Marathon following only 3 weeks later. However, as the graph shows below I made a brave attempt.

I set out at a pace for a 3:30 finish (5 min/km). Actually I knew that this could only be too brave not to say lightheaded. Close to the finish line I still hoped to come home sub 3:40 before a hamstring cramp forced me to take a rest at km 39 opposite the London Eye. At least I can proudly claim that I have tried.
Needless to say that I am very happy with my result. Getting older means getting slower but it still means finishing and being part of it!

Congratulations to all London Marathon finishers. I had a highly enjoyable time to see so many familiar faces again. See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment