Saturday 3 April 2010

Finsihed within Cut-off time - Bronze Medal

stats of the week: run 74km (including Two Oceans Marathon 56km)

Folks,

Just a short note to let you know that my first ultra marathon was a success. For the first time ever I continued to run beyond 42km and did a further 14. It was tough and I had to walk a number of steps but without any major problems - pitstop and stomach upset not mentioning - I enjoyed most of the race and the sensational route along Chapman's peak drive.

Finish time was 5:35 hours what probably set me in the middle of the field of about 7000 finishers. I feel fine with this result and I still hope that my joints will recover within 3 weeks to carry me around London on 25th April.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Uli. Hätte mir Dein Ultra-Debüt schwieriger vorgestellt. Du bleibst ein echtes Unikum. ;-)

    So long,
    Agent.Ödel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herzlichen Glückwunsch! Ein Ultra als Vorbereitung für den Marathon ist natürlich total durchgeknallt, aber auf eine sehr liebenswerte Art. :-) Bis in zwei Wochen, Sabine

    ReplyDelete