Wednesday 25 April 2012

Almost a great day

London Marathon Result 2012: 3:52:14

It was going to be a great day. Bright sunshine, spectacular crowds, two brilliant champions, a Kenyan record. But sadly there also was the 11th death within 32 London Marathons. A young and well trained lady collapsed close to the finish line on Birdcage Walk. Claire Squires' donation website has rocketed now to more than half a million pound.


For me the day was enjoyable until 30K. Then the story suddenly turned to become my 3rd bad marathon in a row. Having lost all my power I preferred to walk several times in anxiety for my health and I feared not to get to the finish line. Only by stepping gently I was able to approach The Mall. However, I am not really disappointed. Number 13 is in the box.

1 comment:

  1. I also had a hard time beyond 30k, also had to get into a walk-run rhythm. Very sad to learn about the dead lady. I saw several ambulance teams at work during race day, but you always hope that this will not end dramatically.

    Klaus

    ReplyDelete