Sunday 1 April 2012

Tapering to die

stats of the week: run 79 km, gym 3 hrs

Did you spot the news? 101-year-old Fauja Singh is preparing to run the London Marathon again! I love his statement why he refused to go for a shorter distance than the full marathon: "If I have to die then I should be blamed for running no less than the full 42 K." That's what I ever have said: If I have to die it should happen while running.

The latest official London Marathon newsletter recommended to start tapering now. That' s not my choice of schedule. I was happy to do a midweek long run and crowned the week by running a hilly half marathon race. I've to admit my pace was significantly too high to get fully recovered for next Saturday's Easter Half Marathon. I prefered to enjoy the day and don't regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment