Wednesday 18 December 2013

6-mile-christmas

stats of the week: run 40km, indoor cycling 1h, gym 2h
 
Back home in wintry Germany I had 3 nights to overcome the jet lag before my start at the local christmas city race. They could call it a 6-mile-race since the distance is exactly 9.6K.
 
Training in sunny Jamaica did pay off: My speed was faster than two weeks before, an average of 4:29min/K compared to 4:37min/K. The earning was a second place in the age group - just 4 sec in front of my persecutor.
 


3 happy elderlies

Next step is the traditional 15K New Year's Eve race that I have run regularly since 1985. Will I once more be able to run faster than 28 years before? I reckon it's over now. I should not deal too severely with myself. Turned 60 now it's time to be happy with a slow but smiling finish.

I know you don't believe me. You're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment