Tuesday 28 April 2015

Proud champions and a happy amateur

stats of the week: run 63km, gym 3h
London Marathon result: 3:52:52

The 35th London Marathon was another great day of running. Crowds were bigger than ever, elite fields strongest ever and the new champions happy, proud and extremly likeable. Tigist Tufa is the first Ethopian female winner since Derartu Tulu in 2001. Eliud Kipchoge confirms to be the world's best marathon runner of the year beating world record holder Dennis Kimetto and two-times London champion Wilson Kipsang.

My personal race was fairly successful not only because it was my age-graded best marathon since 5 years but also I fulfilled the Boston qualification time for M60. It follows that next year I have to run 2 marathons within 6 days.

I was also very happy we had two-times London Champion Irina Mikitenko with us who affectionately cared for all the runners in our group.


No comments:

Post a Comment