Sunday 14 October 2018

Failed preparation

stats of the week: run 15 km, gym 3 h
stats of the week before: gym 1 h
stats of the week before: run 25 km, cycled 260 km

Had a decent week of training with glorious weather on Majorca.

Col des Reis

Climbing Sa Calobra Road

However, this didn't help me a lot as I came back home with a stomach infection that struck me down for nearly a week. Trying to jog again I obviously had lost too many minerals during this week. My left calf muscle cramped after only 4 km of very easy jogging and it stayed tight for another 3 days. 

Now time gets short to get prepared for the New York City Marathon. Only 3 weeks left and no long jog completed so far. I think about adapted tactics. Some walking right from the beginning may let me get through the 26 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment