Sunday 26 June 2016

Good Bye old home

stats of the week: run 18km, cycled 186km, gym 2h
stats of the week before: run 17km, cycled 138km, gym 6h

It was the Brexit week. So it was a disappointing and a sad week. I have spent 30 years' holidays in all parts of Britain and I learnt to love it. Actually I did not have to learn loving it as I loved it right from the first visit.

Now I have to learn that My Britain no longer exists. Today it is a country of yesterday's Nationalism and full of fear instead of former frankness, politeness, modesty and consideration. Warm Welcome is no longer a British trade mark.

My next visit to UK is in less than 5 weeks to cycle the London Ride for my 4th time. I always felt like coming home when I crossed the Channel to Dover. There will be very different feelings this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment