Saturday 5 January 2019

Good end, good start

stats of the week: run 38 km, some hill walking
stats of the previous week: run 31 km, gym 2 h

The year ended with a surprising success. At La Laguna on Tenerife a big New Year's Eve race takes place since 36 years. Nearly 3,000 runners met on the historic plaza, there was music and dancing before the perfectly organized race of 5.7 K started at 6pm. We ran two laps through the UNESCO listed old town which was illuminated beautifully. Thousands of spectators lined the route. The great evening was topped by my unexpected age group victory. Out of 11 M65s I actually was the first, clocking a modest 28:23 min.

The new year started promising as I was able to fulfill my schedule for 5 consecutive weeks now. That is a rare achievement for me. Alas, my performance is not yet satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment