Wednesday 23 November 2011

Top 100 in New York City

stats of the week: run 41km, cycled 25km, gym 4hrs


Although not running myself the New York City marathon, I had a great time photographing the runners and seeing all the happy faces.
At least I was able to take part in a real race - the inaugural "5K dash to the finish line". Actually it is quite sad that organisers abandoned the traditional friendship run on Saturday morning. Instead they set up a 5K race which was a success if you see more than 5,000 participants who paid at least 25$ while the former friendship run was free for marathoners. But the new 5K race cannot make up for the good atmosphere of the friendship jog. And the new "Parade of the Nations" on a very cold Friday evening wasn't real fun for spectators.

Just six days after Dublin Marathon I was happy to do a proper 5K race in 22:21 min without any pain. This let me be placed 7th of 114 in my age group. The official result list also shows age grade times and places which is very nice for the elderly like me. Taken age graded times (18:17) I made it into the Top 100 of the 5,000 runners field!

No comments:

Post a Comment