Tuesday 21 July 2015

Good days follow bad days

stats of the week: run 51km, cycled 240km

Holidays can get somewhat strenuous if you have your bike and your running shoes with you. This week we tried the original route of the notorious Ă–tztaler Bike Marathon - alas we divided it into 3 days and it was still a challenge with its more than 5,000 meters of altitude difference. I still have no idea how to do it within one day! I don't want to have a another bad day ending with the need of a salt infusion.

However, running the Eiger Ultra Trail I had an unexpected good day. 51 km including 3,000 altitude meters up and down turned out to be pure enjoyment. Perfect weather conditions made it a successful day and let me finish after 8:56 hours placed 6th of all men over 60.

To be honest I thought about never coming back to Switzerland due to the unbelievable high price level. If there weren't some very alluring events taking place in this beautiful country...

No comments:

Post a Comment