Wednesday 6 September 2017

Dream came true

stats of the week: run 25 km, gym 3 h
stats of the week before: cycled 377 km, hiked 10 h
stats of the previous week: run 12 km, cycled 111 km, hiked 8 h

I feel peace and happiness now after I was able to finish the Oetztaler Radmarathon. However, it was a constant fight with the sweep-up car.

At the top of the 3rd pass, Jaufen, I was on course but 5 minutes slower than 2 years ago. Approaching the feeding station I was told to rush on or quit the race. One quarter up the final pass, Timmelsjoch, I was overtaken by the fine gara car and caught by the public traffic. It was horrifying. But the anger let me find new power. I overtook all of them and carried on. I still didn't think of finishing the race but hoped to get further than last time.

Only after 190 km for the first time I got the impression that a finish might be possible,  even with some walking in between. I took my time and left the fine gara 40 minutes behind me! The dream came true. After 12 hours 50 minutes 27 seconds.

First pass is the steepest. Kühtai.

Final stage of Timmelsjoch.



top of Timmelsjoch

I have a dream
the finish


No comments:

Post a Comment