Tuesday 3 July 2018

End of cycling season

stats of the week: run 17 km, cycled 321 km
stats of the week before: run 28 km, cycled 167 km, gym 2 h

Although I have ordered a new bike I regard my this year's cycling season as closed now. I finished the middle distance at the Maratona dles Dolomites 20 minutes slower than last year. Nevertheless I am satisfied with my result. I still felt some tiredness from a long hill run midweek. Along the wonderful route around the Dolomites mountains I tried to enjoy my day and thought about to retire from this race after 10 participations now. One should know when one's time is over. I can feel this time has come.

Running is more important than cycling to me this year. I look forward very much to my next challenge, the Bozen Sky Marathon in South Tyrolia. It includes 2,800 meters of altitude difference. There is still some work to do to get fit for this day.

Photos: Cycling in the Kaiserwinkl, Austria







No comments:

Post a Comment