Sunday 21 February 2010

Tough and traumatic

stats of the week: run 58km, indoor cycled 3.40 hrs, 3 gyms

It was a tough week finished by today's long hilly run, in new deep snow again and hopefully for the last time this season. With running for 2 1/2 hours I crossed my very limits today and it's just unbelievable to be able to run for at least 6 hours at the Two Oceans in 6 weeks ...

It's just experience that let's me hope for race day. It's a different thing to run as part of a competitive crowd after a week of tapering off ...

After two weeks of doing more than scheduled I now should relax and keep to plans and ensure that I don't overtight my abilities.

Tonight I came across a publication which reports that long distance runners are known to have overcome more traumatic incidents than others... Personally I'd agree with this - and I still hope that my first ultra won't add to such incidents itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment