Monday 22 March 2010

Long Island Run

stats of the week: run 68km, indoors cycled 1:26 hrs, 1 gym


Most of the work is done now, what my knee is likely to be happy about. To avoid any boredom at the final long run I did it by taking part at the popular Syltlauf - a 33km run along Germany's longest North Sea island. It was supposed to be a training run but as it happens often when part of a runners' crowd it ended up to be slightly too fast. Accompanied by fellow K I was tempted to keep the pace and finished after 2:55 hrs, what made an average of 5:17 min/km (8:30 min/mile). I hope my body won't take it amiss.

Now it's time to taper off for my longest run ever.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Two Oceans! Can't believe you are running that and London a couple of weeks later. You are quite mad, you know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Sabine, looking forward to meeting you in London again. I apoligize for beeing so naughty to correct you: It's THREE weeks from Cape Town to London ... I have to admit that I didn't properly reflect about what I'm doing ... With race day coming closer I am more and more worried ... but it's too late now to cancel. I'am already at Cape town! Best regards from South Africa

    ReplyDelete