Saturday 23 April 2011

Black Marathon Day

stats of the week: run 56km
London Marathon result: 3:57:13

I finished my 32nd marathon and 12th London. That's all to notice. It was the worst race I ever did. Don't ask me why. I don't know. I think it was just my personal black marathon day.

I started the race highly determined but had to recognise first problems after only 10km. Serious problems occurred after 25km and soon I had to stop aside to vomit. However, I never thought about giving up and walked most of the remaining miles while I anxiously watched fellow runners dropping down to the tarmac. That's how I looked during the final stage:


Nevertheless I performed a smile having received the medal.


B did far better and finished her fastest marathon for five years! She made up for my desaster.


She received her well earned congratulations by Emmanuel Mutai (KEN), winner 2011 and course record holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment