Saturday 13 July 2013

My happy part of L'etape du Tour

stats of the week before: run 18km, cycled 220km



The warnings were reasonable! This years 21st L'etape du Tour was the shortest ever, with just 128K. And 3,500 vertical meters didn't sound too challenging.

But the final climb to Annecy-Semnoz proved to be worth to be a stage of the Tour de France. It was really tough. However, the finisher rate was indeed the best I have seen in 5 years. 10,600 out of 11,400 made it to the finish line in time. So did I, but my performance was disappointing once more. Place 6,631 overall doesn't look too bad for a 60-year-old, but I got the impression I did far better in former years what is not a pleasant feeling. Anyway, I am still happy to be part of the event.

The professionals ride this stage on Saturday 20th July, the day before Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment