Monday 6 January 2014

Mad way to change the year

stats of the week: run 36km, indoor cycling 50min, gym 3h

I know I must be mad. The strained muscle was just cured I took part in a shorter New Year's Eve race of 10K. The thigh was fine but my lung was still sick. Nearly struck down to the ground by cough attacks I finished the 10K after 46:23min giving more than I had. Afterwards I wondered that I survived.


Only 5 days later - on Sunday - I felt I should be part of the inaugural 13K run around the wee Phoenix lake at Dortmund, called New Year Run. I reasonably took it as sort of speed training and followed the 5min/K pacemaker for 3 laps before I increased the speed for the final 4th lap. Surprisingly fast enough to win my age group ... but the result was another strained muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment