Monday 30 June 2014

Scramble fun in Snowdonia

stats of the week: run 10km, cycled 131km, gym 6h
stats of the week before: run 16km, cycled 124km

Wales offered another week of glorious weather and we could do all the planned tours. Cycling around Llyn Peninsula included some 20% obstacles while the lap around the Snowdon massif turned out to be easy.

Scrambling was the most of fun. Tryfan North Ridge was a first pleasure and the photo shows me on the top of Lliwedd, final summit of the Snowdon horseshoe, after Crib Goch, Crib y Ddysgl and Snowdon itself which all can be seen in the background. It was my 6th ascent of Snowdon (1085m), highest mountain of Wales, and I still dream of taking part in the Snowdon hill race some day.


Unfortunately I strained a muscle on this mountain tour what effected the following week of training. The year's calendar shows 2000 cycled kilometers so far and I am curious about next weekend's start at the Maratona dles Dolomites. I'd love to complete the long lap of 138km and 4,000 altitude meters but I am not sure if it will be within my capabilities.

1 comment:

  1. ... obviously it was in your capabilities ;) Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete