Friday 11 July 2014

Marathon on wheels

stats of the week: run 16km, cycled 290 km


My 6th appearance at the Maratona dles Dolomites was my slowest of the 4 long distance options I finished. But I finished - after 8:24 h in a fairly good shape. The photo shows me near the top of Gardena Pass which is the final one at Sella Ronda and 4th of 7 passes on the 138km race. Altitude meters count up to 4,300 after organisers introduced another obstacle: the wall of the cat with an ascent of 19% that I pushed up my bike in protest. To add this wall is no good idea I think. It's just a show point to entertain spectators who have fun to watch exhausted cyclists after a whole day going up and down the mountains. However, I enjoyed the day and was happy to be part of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment