Friday 15 December 2017

Many races out of season

stats of the week: run 38 km, gym 3 h
stats of the week: run 41 km, gym 3 h

Two more 10 K races done at exactly the same pace: 4:49 min/km. The last race was on a tougher course so I can conclude that my performance improved from week to week. Three 10K races within three weeks - a program I haven't performed for many years.


The runner in front of me is the winner just crossing the finish line.
He has lapped me twice on the 1.5K lap.


A happy third-placed old man.


Meanwhile I am off for a Southern summer holiday at the Western Cape and studied the local race calender which offers no less than 9 races within 4 weeks. No question I will not be able to race all of them at peak performance. But I will try to use them at a high key training and enjoy the South African atmosphere when people of all colours gather to run together and have fun.

On the political side of this beautiful and capable country we are curious how the ANC summit will decide next Sunday. Many hopes go with Mr Ramaphosa as the new ANC president and the country's president in 2019 or hopefully earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment