Tuesday 29 December 2020

Even more addicted for 2021

stats of the week: run 17 km, zwifted 233 km, tm walked 12 km

Looking back to this damned year I have to realise that it was my worst running year since 1995, for 25 years! The corona year saw me running just 1232 km. During summer the motivation was low and in autumn the meniscus knee stopped me right until now.

I can take a bit of comfort in looking at my cycling year. 5,500 km respresent my 4th best bike year of all times. Mounting Mont Ventoux twice, from Sault and from Malaucene, was the highlight of the year. 

A number of events I had entered for 2020 have been delayed to 2021. Syltlauf, Berlin Half Marathon, Gran Fondo Mt Ventoux, Santini GF Mt Ventoux, Karwendelmarsch. The GF Mt Ventoux has already been cancelled also for 2021, Berlin has been shifted to August. I wonder if anything will take place. Only one plan is fixed for the new year. I hope to ascend Mt Ventoux six times, 2 each way. The book "Der kahle Berg", newly translated into German, lets me feel even more addicted. Fortunately we bought a small lodge at the foot of the adored hill what will enable us to spend more time cycling around and up.

(amazon link)




No comments:

Post a Comment