Wednesday 23 April 2008

New start to next marathon

training stats
We 23/04: hilly bike, 67K, 2:40 hrs
Tu 22/04: rest
Mo 21/04: race 5K, 0:21:28 hrs
Su 20/04: slow bike, 25K, 1:15 hrs
Sa 19/04: hilly bike, 57K, 2:10 hrs
Fr 18/04: rest
Th 17/04: slow jog, 10K, 1:03 hrs

After London I had to pay for my low-key preparation. Both thigh muscels were hurting until Thursday. And even on the following weekend I didn't feel fully recovered.


Call me crazy - you'd be right - I entered the local 5,000 m town championships which took place on Monday evening. Call me overambitious - I calculated that this is my first year in agegroup 55 and it is the only year when there is no local competitor who is said to be faster than me. Actually I have to admit there was only one competitor. I was rather slow but I was faster than he was...

Like last year my next serious event is the Stockholm Marathon. It takes place on May 31 so there are 5 weeks to go from next Saturday on. I hope to work as B's pacemaker and we haven't yet decided what time to head for. However, it should be less than 4 hours. We will test her performance with a local half marathon on May 18. If she is able to finish in 1:44 we will try to complete the marathon in 3:44. A regular estimate is: double your half marathon time and add 15 minutes. This only works as long as you have done enough long runs, at least three 30K runs and another three ones of more than 20K you should have run at least I would say.



No comments:

Post a Comment