Sunday 9 August 2009

Cycling still preferred

stats of the week: run 42km, cycled 297km, 1 gym

I know I should really concentrate on running in this last but one week before the marathon. But in brilliant sunshine and high temperatures I can't resist to ride my bike. It's simply because one can enjoy the whole day while cycling and have the highlight of a visit to another ice cream parlour to add to my collection.

On Friday I took the train to Finnentrop, a village in the nearby mountain range of the Sauerland. The way back home took me 138km along a beautiful green scenery with a view to the Sorpe Lake nearly midway:

Since two or three years my home town Witten on the Ruhr boasts a bikers' ferry. On Saturday I finally managed to use it for the first time. It's an idyllic place as you see:

No comments:

Post a Comment