Sunday 15 November 2009

The usual treadmill

stats of the week: run 43km, 3 gyms

It's just the 2nd week following the marathon, so I am fairly happy with the mileage done. I even managed to do a moderate interval workout on the treadmill.

I used to do this in recent years with good results. The session consists of a number of fast 1km-intervals interrupted by slow 0.5km-intervals. Last Thursday I started with 4 single kms and once per week will build up to 6 kms with increasing speed - I hope. This should lead to a satisfactory new years eve race.

One advantage to do it on the treadmill is that you can stick to a lower speed indoors as your heart rate is 10 bpm higher than it would be outdoors at the same speed.

Meanwhile you are invited to have a look at my extended New York City Photo Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment