Sunday 20 December 2009

More time on the treadmill

stats of the week: run 43km, 2 gyms

I am still doing my best with indoor intervals on the treadmill. I have practised this kind of speed workouts for about 10 years in November and December. And it always worked reliably to get fit for the end-of-year races. This time I was happy to see that I am able to achieve the usual training results - same speed, same number of intervals, same heart rate as every year.

But this time my race performance is absolutely disappointing. There is no evident impact.
In the cold light of day all my races since April were disappointing. And there is no improvement to hope for. Now I think about doing some cautious speed work all year round to limit further loss of ability.

Photo: Local winter weather forced to do half of the mileage on the treadmill - not appreciated.
(archives photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment