Thursday 11 November 2010

A decent one

stats of the week: run 63km
NYC marathon 3:41:42 hrs

New York City still is the world's runners' home. Almost 45,000 finishers on a chilly but sunny day, sadly not including Haile Gebrselassie but luckily including me! Well, I didn't need to win it, I only hoped for a decent race. It turned out to be one of my better ones. I set off on 3:40 speed and was able to keep to it nearly to the end. I only lost a couple of minutes during the final 5km.

Waiting early morning at Fort Wadsworth for the start at 9.40am:


The photo everyone takes. Run off at blue start along Verrazano bridge. Haile was just 50meter ahead - until the gun shot.


Crossing Polaski bridge at halfway point, with a view of Manhattan:


Proudly presenting my sixth NYC medal. It will be the last one for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment