Tuesday 17 March 2015

Bad time, impressing finish

stats of the week: run 82km, indoor cycling 1h, gym 2h

I was convinced my performance level was higher than last year. But my 33.3K race on the island of Sylt ended after 3:00:02h what is almost 4min slower than last year. Surprisingly the disappointing time ranked me 4th out 31 in my age group while last year I was placed 8th of 28. Obviously the wind conditions were even harder than last year. Until 26K I still hoped to finish well sub 3h but then the strong head wind thwarted me heavily.

However, my finish seemed to be impressing as the first aid volunteers chased me a long way after crossing the line. Obviously they feared I could collapse. I kept telling them that this is my usual look at the end of a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment