Saturday 6 August 2016

Dangerous Sunday

stats of the week: run 37km, cycled 260km, gym 2h

A good week with some more hill running at home. There are no mountains in my home area but at least at my doorstep there is a very steep alpine trail of 45 altitude meters. I simply run this up and down again and again. I have increased the load to 8 times in a row now.

Sunday saw me cycling the London Ride 100 for the 4th time. After C fell off her bike the day before caused by a longish dog lead it was a challenge to concentrate on my ride. However, I ended up after 5:12 h only one minute slower than last year although the route was so crowded that my gps showed 4 minutes of forced standing time during the ride.


(photo is taken on the Saturday's London Free Cycle, crowded too)

London Ride is a very well organized and attractive race. Alas, now it is definitely overcrowded with 26,000 riders in the main race and around 3,000 more in a beginners event that is hold on the same roads at the same time. I have never seen so many serious accidents during a cycling event. I intended to do this race every year but now I have to admit that this one was my last one. It is just too dangerous for an old man who has not many years left.

Unfortunately the Cycling event Sauerland extreme has been cancelled. I am not really disappointed because now I can concentrate on hill running to get fit for the Karwendelmarsch.

No comments:

Post a Comment