Wednesday 4 November 2020

Staying active despite knee problem

stats of the week: run 10 km, indoor cycled 2.30 h, hiked 22 km, tm walked 10 km
stats of the previous week: run 10 km, indoor cycled 45 min, hiked 18 km, tm walked 14 km

Happy to have received my London Marathon finisher package:


Completed 2 virtual races of 5 and 10 km as a pacemaker for C what the knee fairly tolerated. But it still feels like I will have to wait several weeks to recover fully if ever. I will concede another 4 weeks before consulting the orthopaedist. Alas, I know what he will do: ambulant surgery of the meniscus.

Despairingly I bought a new indoor bike trainer to stay fit during the cold months. I also reactivated my mountain bike that I havn't been using for many years. It is still waiting in the cellar.

The stats show rather active weeks but I miss proper running a lot. However, I try to cope with the situation.

A view of a retiree's home office:




No comments:

Post a Comment