Monday 25 October 2010

A friendly place to be

stats of the week: run 41km, gym 2hrs

With more visits to the hospital my mileage kept rather limited. I now got the feeling I had to reduce my NYC target in direction of 4 hrs. A 10-mile-run today let my legs hurt quite a lot and I don't think I'm in the state of running a satisfying marathon. However, I'm not really focussed on running these days.

Regards from Dublin where I guide a group of interair runners doing the 31st Dublin Marathon. It's promoted "the friendly marathon" and I admit that's perfectly right. Irish people are the most friendliest at least within Europe, the event is very well organised without being restrictive in any way. From the expo via friendship run to the marathon and the post race party, it's easy going all the way. It's my 4th time to watch it. Next year I want to run it!

Is there any other place in the world but Dublin where people queue to get into a bookshop?!

Today's Dublin is modern and vivid.

Next year the marathon takes place on Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment