Saturday 2 December 2006

Things that happen

sa 12/02: rest (race cancelled)
fr 12/01: gym 2 hrs


These things happen. And when it has happened you have to come to grips with it. I have to admit I struggle to get along with what happened yesterday.

I have been using the leg extension machine since I started to go to the gym about 8 years ago. Never happened anything like this. I didn't put on too much weight I think. I just lifted the weight with one leg only, that might have been the fault. At the moment I moved to leave the machine I strained my calf muscle severely. Very soon I knew that I was in trouble. I tried to stretch the muscle but this only worsened the situation.

Saturday morning it was still as bad as the day before. There was no question that I would have to cancel the race I had looked forward to being part of it. Even more I doubt that I will be fit for next Sunday's race which will take place in my home town Witten.

The good news is that J ran a really good race. Without the help of a pacemaker she started cautiously and felt strong during the final part of the course. The result was that she finished one minute faster than last year. Very well done, J.

Race photo gallery







No comments:

Post a Comment